The rise in popularity of smart home products is undeniable. Technology is improving so rapidly that these connected devices are now cheaper and more readily available than ever before. According to Intel the average household currently has 10 connected devices, but that number will rise to 50 by 2020. With that being said, here are the smart home products you need in your home right now and why investing in smart home technology is right for you.
1) Smart Thermostat
- A smart thermostat is both green for the environment and your pocket book saving you an average of $130-145 on heating and cooling costs/year.
- By controlling temperatures from everywhere you can conserve energy and avoid disasters like your pipes freezing when you're away.
2) Smart Smoke and CO2 detectors
- Lets you know if there’s an emergency even when you’re not home.
- Allows you to react quickly and decisively if there is a problem.
- Allows you to check-in with family members and save pets.
3) Smart Lights
- Have you ever left your home and wondered if you turned off your lights?
- Control your lights from your smart phone or tablet.
- Turn lights on and off from anywhere to deter intruders.
4) Smart Locks
- For those times when your child loses their keys and can’t get into the house.
- Know what times your children are coming or going, especially teenagers.
- Let in the dog walker or housekeeper without having to share a key.
- Grant guests access to your part-time rental property.
- Never worry about forgetting to lock the doors.
5) Video Doorbell
- For when you’re awaiting an important delivery but not home to receive it.
- Two-way audio allows you to communicate directly with the delivery person.
- Protect your packages from advantageous thieves with motion detection and alarm capabilities.
6) Smart Security Cameras
- Add an additional layer of security to your home with cameras that stream to your phone.
- Monitor the safety of your home even while you’re not there.
- Check in on your elderly parents to make sure everything is okay.
7) Garage Door Control
- Never again worry whether you forgot to close the garage door.
- Receive alerts on your phone whenever the garage door is opened.
8) Smart Plugs
- Create energy savings and put more money in your pocket by powering down your appliances when you’re not using them.
9) Water Leak Sensor
- Know if something is wrong with your sump pump the moment there is a problem.
- Prevent catastrophic water leak damage.
10) Digital Voice Assistants – Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple HomePod
- Give your home voice command to control all of your automation devices.
- Play music.
- Create new routines to simplify your life.
- Look cool in front of your friends.
If you would like to add one of these devices to your home, but aren't sure where to start fill out the form below and get a free smart home consultation
Let us know how we can help you and one of our Smart Home experts will follow-up with you in the next 24 hours.